The North Cedar Community School District serves about 800 students in the rural communities of Clarence, Lowden, Mechanicsville, and Stanwood in east-central Iowa. The students in our four schools enjoy hands-on, student-centered learning that prepares them for post-secondary education and careers. Our students consistently score at or above state averages on math and reading assessments, and more than 80 percent of our students achieve test score results that are “proficient” or “above.”
For Our Students
Everything we do at NCCSD is for our students, and we encourage them all to take part in the enrichment and extracurricular opportunities for which they are eligible.
- Athletics for junior high school and senior high school students
- Fine arts activities for 5th through 12th graders
- Extracurricular clubs and organizations for junior high and senior high school students
- Counseling services for all grades
NCCSD is strengthened by an active, supportive community. The district is aided by parents and patrons who elect to get involved and support our students and their activities.
- Athletics Boosters bolster our student athletes and the athletics programs
- Encore Club supports our fine arts programs
- Knights Community Organization fosters the relationships between parent, student, staff, and community
- North Cedar Education Foundation provides financial support to help broaden the district’s education opportunities.
And be sure to visit our Wall of Fame to find out more about our exceptional students and staff.